The Fund Fund – OMT16’s General Fund
Daily, OMT16 provides patients, families and caregivers with items to comfort and support them during their pediatric oncology journey.
- Computers, tablets and iPads
- Gift cards for gas stations, Amazon, Target and local restaurants to help lighten the financial burden
- Games, movies and trinkets specific to the children and their interests
- Pick me ups for the nursing staff and doctors caring for our POPs (pediatric oncology patients) like Coffee on Monday Morning or Pizza on Friday afternoons
- And more!
One interesting program that is a part of the Fund Fund is: Socks4POPs
- This is a Buy a pair, give a pair Program
- Buy a pair of OMT16 socks, give a pair of fuzzy, comfy socks to a pediatric oncology patient.
- You will also have the chance to personalize a card to go with the socks to the patient.
- You and the patient are connected forever by…socks
If you would like to learn more about our Fund Fund or our Socks4POPs program, please use the link below!
Project CARE (Cancer Aid for Resiliency and Empowerment) is designed to help members of my community who are affected by cancer by giving them care packages made with love. These CARE baskets are designed to be given to someone when they are first diagnosed with cancer. This program was created by OMT16 Volunteer, Ellie Sommers in memory of her father, Tom Sommers, who passed away on May 12, 2015, a mere nine months after his initial diagnosis of Pancreatic cancer.
Care packages include items such as:
- Gas gift cards
- Amazon gift cards, Target gift cards, etc.
- Gift Cards to local restaurants
- Healthy beverages
- Inspirational signs
- Journals, books, and prayer books
- Small handheld games
- Chapstick and lotion
- Candy, gum
- Board games
- And more!
If you would like to learn more about Project CARE, or get involved in any way, please click the button below and fill out the simple inquiry form.
It’s a big deal when a child wins their battle against cancer! OMT16 provides gift cards to children to celebrate their victory with their family members and friends.
OMT16 partners with sports teams locally and all over the country to provide tickets to sporting events to children and their families during their battle with cancer. We send our POPs (pediatric oncology patients) and their families to different cities across the country to see their favorite team or athlete perform. Maintaining some sense of normalcy during their fight is critical to their success, attending sporting events does just that.